Olympic champion. First Deputy Chair of the State Duma’s Committee for International Affairs
Areas of expertise: sports, policy, public administration, sports management.
- Served in the Main Directorate of the Federal Penitentiary Service for St. Petersburg and Leningrad Region. Instructor at the Department of Professional Training. Lieutenant Colonel of the internal service of the Internal Ministry.
- Director for Liaison with Athletes and Olympic Ambassadors of the Sochi 2014 Bid Committee, member of the Russian delegation for the presentation of the Sochi 2014 bid, including the final presentation in Guatemala.
- Member of the Legislative Assembly of the Leningrad Region, Chair of the Standing Commission for Youth, Culture, Tourism, Physical Education and Sport.
- Member of the State Duma of the Russian Federation’s Federal Assembly.
- Coordinator of the deputy group for inter-parliamentary relations with the United States. Member of the Standing Commission for Social Policy and Human Rights at the Inter-Parliamentary Assembly of the CIS Members.
- Deputy Secretary of the Bureau of the United Russia’s Supreme Council for liaison with non-governmental organisations and youth.
- Coordinator of United Russia’s social projects: Family Olympics, Best Children’s Coach, Physical Education Lesson in the 21st Century, among others.
- Deputy Chair of the Dynamo All-Russia Sport and Fitness Society. Chair of the Board of Trustees of Dynamo’s Foundation for Children’s Programmes.
- Vice President of the Russian Association of Sports Facilities.
- 1988-2006 – member of the Soviet and Russian national teams in speed skating. Honored Master of Sport (1996).
- Multiple Soviet and Russian champion in 500 m (1991 -2006)
- Multiple Russian champion in sprint speed skating all-around (1997, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005), silver medalist (1995, 1999) and bronze medalist (1996) at Russian championships in sprint speed skating.
- World Cup champion in 500 m (1996), multiple winner and medalist in 500 m in World Cup series.
- World champion (1996), silver medalist (1998 –1999 – 2000) and bronze medalist (2001) in 500 m.
- World champion in sprint all-around (2006), multiple world champion and medalist in sprint all-around in 500 m and 1000 m.
- Olympic champion (Turin 2006), competed at four Winter Olympics.