Rector, Sochi State University, Doctor in Economics, Professor
Area of expertise: economics, tourism, sports management.
- Published over 150 academic papers on tourism and tourism education, economics, management, volunteer work, including 15 monographs.
- Edited and reviewed collections of research papers and conference proceedings on economics, tourism and sports management.
- Chair of Dissertation Board on Economics and Management of National Economy.
- Member of the National Preparatory Committee for the 2017 World Festival of Youth and Students.
Made a significant contribution to:
- improving the training system for the tourism and service sector, including the production of highly skilled specialists with postgraduate and doctoral degrees;
- promoting research on tourism development, organisation of volunteer work and professional training for the tourism and service sector;
- designing programmes for tourism education and socio-economic development of the Krasnodar Region and Sochi;
- staging of mega events in Sochi, including the 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Games, Formula 1 Russian Grand Prix, 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup. Sat on the Interagency Working Group on Science and Education of the Presidential Council for Physical Education and Sport, dealing with the staging of the World Summer Universiade Kazan 2013 and 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
Honoured Worker of Higher Education of the Russian Federation (2004).